– Foods that cats and dogs should never eat.
Before caving into the temptation to share snacks with their pets, pet owners should recognize the common foods the ASP-CA and other pet welfare organizations list as the most likely to contribute to pet poisonings worldwide. Continue reading
–Don’t Drink the Water: Blue-Green Algae Can Be Deadly for Dogs and Other Animals
“Blue-green algae can cause signs of poisoning in as little as an hour,” according to Justine Lee, DVM, a board-certified criticalist and toxicologist at the Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota. “Death has been reported within just a few hours. Read more
– What to do if your dog cuts its pad or paw when out on a walk
1) Restrain your dog securely so that you can assess the damage (this is easier with two people)
2) Is the wound bleeding?
3) If yes, check the type of haemorrhage
4) Is blood oozing from the wound? – probably a capillary bleed and less serious
– What is Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo?
With literally hundreds of dog shampoos on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for your dog. Many of us overly cautious dog owners correctly want to avoid dyes, fragrances, and chemicals, knowing these ingredients can irritate our dog’s skin – and possible adversely affect his health.Continue reading
– Why is My Cat Begging and How Do I Make it Stop?
If you have a begging cat, the last thing you want to do is feed them outside their own food bowl. Offer them food only from their bowl and allow them to eat only the food in their bowl.Continue reading
– What is Dog Acne (Pimples) ? Acne, also called chin pyoderma, puppy dermatitis, muzzle folliculitis, furunculosis or simply “pimples,” is a fairly common inflammatory condition that affects the lips, chins and muzzles of puppies and young adult dogs.Continue reading
–Party Animal Recalls Dog Food for Pentobarbital
A retailer in Texas told the company that their customer had presented samples of our 13-ounce-can Cocolicious Beef & Turkey dog food (Lot #0136E15204 04, best by July 2019) and 13-ounce-can Cocolicious Chicken & Beef dog food (Lot #0134E15 237 13, best by August 2019) to a testing lab, and that the results had tested positive for pentobarbital.Continue reading
–Are you poisoning your pet? Clean Label Project releases pet food ratings.
Do you know what your pets are really eating? We’re not talking about the main ingredients.The Clean Label Project tested 900 pet food products from 71 brands and screened for 130 toxins.The levels they found can cause serious and expensive health issues for your pet.Read more
– Vets say raw food diet for dogs and cats is leaving them sick or dead
Vets are speaking out against raw food, saying they see numerous cases of serious injury, or death, resulting from the diet.Read more
– Is your pet food safe? You may repay the unconditional love of a pet with the best food you can find. But how healthy is that food after all? An organization says many dog and cat foods have frighteningly high level of things like lead and arsenic. Read more
– Foods to keep away from feline friends.
Just to show you how much I care for cats – feral and pet kitties – my column today is for you, all the cat lovers in our community. As devoted, loving cat owners, hopefully you feed your kitty a well-balanced diet.Continue reading
– Feline Obesity: An Epidemic of Fat Cats
Do these wild cats eat a dry food diet that is full of starchy carbohydrates in the form of grains? Do they eat a water-depleted diet in the form of dry kibble? Is their diet one that derives much of its protein from plants (versus meat) as is true of many dry food diets. Read more